My Blog List

Saturday, September 27, 2014

The Girl at the Lion D'Or

The Girl at the Lion d'Or


Anne has had a life full of injustice. Her father was killed and her mother committed suicide. She comes to Janvilliers seeking a new life with a new community and to put the past behind her.

Getting involved with a married man was not the best of choices, but that is life. The story of Hartmann and Anne with a third wheel of his wife Christine, on the sidelines and always waiting is a story of love, passion, but with a great deal of sadness. 

Very descriptive of everyday life both at the inn and in the surrounding country of the area, the book is full of atmosphere especially of French village life. 

Not a book one should read fast. This is one of those reads which should be read slowly to get the nuances of this story.

I read this book after reading about it on Cosy Books. My copy came to me via Open Library.

4 comments:

  1. I've had this one on my list for ages. It does sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a book that just insists on being read slowly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have looked at this book for a long time. Never started it. You make it seem very good. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete