My Blog List

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Pride & Persistence by Jeanna Elsworth

Pride and Persistence


The variations on Pride & Prejudice are amazing. It makes me think if the myriad creativity of the authors who come up with so many twists to a much loved story.

Here we have Darcy determined to give his letter of explanation to Elizabeth, after she turned down his proposal.  Getting caught to a storm, which spooked his horse resulting in a broken leg, Darcy now finds himself a victim of a temporary amnesia and in Mr Collins house (he cannot be moved) and Elizabeth stays by his side nursing him and being a companion till he recovers.

Over the convalescence period of six weeks, the plot thickens.  Lady Catherine machinations are not simply trying to maneuver Darcy into marrying her daughter Anne but go much deeper than that. Elizabeth and Darcy do have their happy ending but with quite a few twists in the tale.

This book was ideal for me to read in between long trips.

This book came to me via My Love for Jane Austen Facebook page. 

4 comments:

  1. While I can't imagine Elizabeth nursing him (given how she feels about him at that point in the original story) this sounds like a creative take on Pride and Prejudice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like it hit you at the perfect time. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so fun to see which books inspire people to expand and change the story. This sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete