My Blog List

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Exposure by Helen Dunmore




An espionage thriller with the innocent being made to take the fall, and with important men hiding behind the scenes and the amazing lengths a woman will go to protect her family.


A very important file goes missing and Simon Callington is suspected of passing information to the Soviets. Imprisoned immediately, the disgrace extends to Lili his wife who loses her teaching job and the children have to face snide remarks at school. On top of it Lili realises that to keep the mortgage going she will have torent out her home. Taking determined steps, Lily decides to move out to a remote village where she will be not known to anyone and where the children will be free from any pressures.

Lily becomes the pivot of the story and it is her strength and mindfulness that will be the saving grace for not just Simon but for the family.

Characterization was exceptional with a story that held your interest from beginning to end.

Sent to me by Edelweiss for an unbiased review.

I would also like to thank bloggers who sent good wishes for my husband's recovery. He is now back at home (so am I though I do miss the children and grand children). 

1 comment:

  1. I read The Betrayal years ago and thought it was a really fantastic book. I should really catch up on the other Dunmore novels!

    I'm glad to hear your husband is doing better!

    ReplyDelete