My Blog List

Friday, July 1, 2016

Crime in Leper's Hollow by George Bellairs



The story had all the elements of a good mystery - even the title was evocative of something strange. A passionate woman married to a rather steady but dull man. No two people could have been more opposite. Then there was her eccentric brother. A hanger on if ever there was one. Two adult children both estranged from one parent. We had the lady's lovers and boyfriends by the score and all set in a very provincial town in rural England.

Murders take place one by one and by simple death, it removes one more suspect from the scene. Although the murderer was well hidden he was very much part of the story and very much at the forefront of the book.

I found it slow in patches but then got caught in all the excitement three quarters of the way through.

The book was sent to me by Netgalley for an unbiased review courtesy of Endeavour Press.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if I would have the patience to stick with it long enough for it to get good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure about this one for me

    ReplyDelete