My Blog List

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Two short reviews. Family Tree by Susan Wiggs and Weekend by Jane Hamilton



Annie seems to have the American dream. Co-host of a successful cooking show with the equivalent of McDreamy (chef and husband) she is soaring high. A chance unscheduled stop at her husband's work place blasts her dream and the subsequent accident puts her on hold with amnesia, an absent husband and miscarriage - for over an year. Putting the pieces back together, physically, emotionally and professionally takes a lot of doing, and a lot of family support.

Hiding back at her parental home till she tries to get her life back in some kind of order is hard but she does get there.

Survival, loss, family - the three aspects blend together to give one a very joyous read.

Sent to me by Edelweiss.






This was a sexually explicit novel about two lesbian couples both trying to make their relationships work with different levels of stress and anxiety.

One couple dealing with the birth of a new born and the attendant trials and physical and emotional difficulties a new born encompasses and the other a much older woman with major health issues having to face up to the frailities of life.

I did finish the book but did not very much enjoy the read.

Sent to me by Edelweiss.

5 comments:

  1. I liked Family Tree and hadn't heard of Weekend. Not sure it would be for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Susan Wiggs book and I think I'll not bother with Weekend, not for me although real issues for them to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like Susan Wiggs' writing so Family Tree appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear The Weekend wasn't for you but Family Tree sounds good!

    ReplyDelete