My Blog List

Monday, June 14, 2010

Review - Girl Missing by Tess Gerritsen




I obviously need to concentrate more when posting as this is the second time in a week I have accidentally posted what is incomplete! Sorry. This is the first time I have been able to also post an image of the cover of the book which I have done a review and I am happy at least that I have been able to master this. I know that this must be such a simple operation for most people but I am not good at this part of the computer and am happy that at least I am willing to learn.

I was desperately looking for Still Missing (which has got such good reviews) and whilst looking for that came across this book Girl Missing. The story is around Kat a doctor who works at the city morgue who is not happy that autopsies of two and then later three corpses turn up with drug related deaths - but the drug is an unknown one. Kat is also troubled that the deaths are all of people in a low income block of flats and she feels that she is being stonewalled by the mayor and the police mainly because the people who died were junkies and were of no significance in the community. Add to this a missing step daughter of Adam who heads Cygnus a pharmaceutical laboratory which manufactures drugs and more importantly the drug which has killed these people. Kat attracted to Adam is still wary whether he is protecting his own interests while sweet talking her into finding his daughter who is to all intents involved with those marketing the drug illegally.

The story had a good mix - drugs and the spiral of how life is effected by habitual use, politics and how important it is to keep big business happy despite adverse effects and how politicians like to ignore those adverse effects as long as they get re-elected, a bit of romance, and police corruption which is supposedly rampant but it had quite a few loose ends which resulted in me being unsettled at the end of the story.

The book which was earlier published as Peggy Sue Got Murdered, was not one of the author's best efforts.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on conquering the covers, Mystica. I haven't read Tess Gerritsen for a few years. Thanks for the thoughtful review.
    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tess Gerritsen's work, try some of her old one's... Harvest, The Surgeon.
    This blogging stuff takes practice and most bloggers are willing to help if you want to know how to do something :-)

    ReplyDelete