My Blog List

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Review - Willa Cather's OBSCURE DESTINIES



Not a review as such but it was such a delight for me to find this book. I had read about this author on several blogs and most people considered it very good reading. Like Dorothy Whipple or Dodie Smith I thought I would have to be just happy with reviews only. So this was very good for me personally!!!


A collection of three stories all set in Nebraska all dealing very much about the frailities of human nature, there is joy, sadness, family lives all put together very beautifully in language which is so very expressive.


I loved the book.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited that you found some Cather! I live in Nebraska (although 100 years after Cather's works, it's not much the same) but the kind of people here are still very much the same.

    ReplyDelete