My Blog List

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

SHORT REVIEW! MERCY by JUSSI ADLER OLSEN

 
This was a win from Judith at Leeswammes.
 
The book was a very cold and clinical read. I just wanted it to end as quickly as possible hoping that the end would make it all worthwhile (which it did).
 
Someone is kidnapped and held for a number of years in a sealed compartment and the inhuman treatment meted out is breathtakingly brutal. I was very uncomfortable reading the story but it does keep you rivetted as one does want to know the outcome.
 
A new type of genre for me - murder and kidnapping in another form.
 
Started on an Elizabeth George and a Emma Donoghue book. Both murders and mysteries and a fair amount of intrigue and gore but somehow different.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a real page turner to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed this author's work and will want to read this one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am too excited to meet you and see your lovely blog! I love reading and getting good recommendations on what to read.
    I'm going back through and picking out a few selections.
    Keep the good advice coming!
    New follower,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete