My Blog List

Sunday, October 20, 2013

MAILBOX MONDAY/IT'S MONDAY! WHAT ARE YOU READING?



I have been away from the blog for a long time. Seems like months. So many domestic issues got in the way that I thought I'd never get back.

Just one book came into my house and its a winner. The Mountain of Light by Indu Sunderasan sent by the author herself. Am I a lucky duck?


The Mountain of Light


A period of history that I love. The British in India - the Kohinoor diamond, the mystery and history behind those who possessed it. Rich in detail, descriptive to the utmost - you can feel the magic of this Moghul period, the sadness of its fall, the rapaciousness of the British. Indu Sunderasen at her best.





Hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

Reading the above, almost done with it and loving the book.



15 comments:

  1. Always great to find a book you love!! :)

    Have a wonderful reading week! The Brunette Librarian's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back. Love the cover and the sound of The Mountain of Light. Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mystica, I'm glad you're enjoying this book. The history of the Moghul dynasty is rich in so many ways that its reading can be an enriching experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to have you back!

    Have a great reading week!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to have you back!

    Have a great reading week!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that The Mountain of Light sounds wonderful enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks terrific! I put a book in the mail to you on Friday - I have no idea how long it'll take to get to you, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great bit of luck! Enjoy! Love the cover...and I'll be watching for your review.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your book this week sounds very interesting...will be looking forward to reading your review of it.

    Have a great week!
    ~Kristin @ Always With a Book

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one gorgeous cover! I am interested in your review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like an amazing read! Want to hear about your review (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love covers that just invite you to open the book and read. Hope it is a wonderful read.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting book! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks and sounds like an interesting story. I'm glad you are back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome back! I hope you enjoy your new book; it looks really good.

    ReplyDelete