My Blog List

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Status of All Things by Liz Fenton and Lisa Steinke

The Status of All Things: A Novel



The whole post has got deleted (at least when I am looking at it) so I am repeating my review.


I liked this book despite the un-real aspects of it and whilst reading I kept asking myself, now why are you reading this? and strangely enough despite the fact that time travel, fantasy and general magic is not my genre this was a good book!

Sent to me by Edelweiss - a surprising read which panned out to be very nice.

What would one do if one could through Facebook comments and just being online change your world. A bit far fetched but this is the story. 

Kate is 35 years old, obssessed with social media. She has also found the love of her life, meticulously planning a wedding of a lifetime where everything has to be just so. No run of the mill stuff for her. Everything is being pre planned, pre organised, down to the last second and maybe just maybe this has miffed or scared her husband to be. Max breaks off the wedding at the rehearsal dinner - it comes as a bolt from the blue to Kate who is heart broken and goes immediately to her FB account to recount her despair. At this point Kate realises her power when she goes back in time to a month before the wedding and begins to see how she could put things right having the knowledge of what will happen one month hence.

It got a bit confusing for me at this point as Kate also had wishes that could come true and she uses these not just for herself but for her friends. She also tries to use it against the love interest of Max her fiance but it backfires on her and she begins to understand that with power comes responsibility and you cannot use these powers viciously or nastily!

A bit quirky and eccentric but at the same time if you want to step out of your comfort zone, this is an ideal quick read.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this book.

    It looks good, but I don't like confusing.

    I hope you have been having a good week of reading. I am late in visiting everyone.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very different than what I usually read. It does sound good though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like one I might enjoy. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete