My Blog List

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The Warning by Sophie Hannah

The Warning: A Tale of Suspense

I thought this was going to be a dire, full of suspense read. It started like that and proceeded like that but the end fell a bit flat for me. It was not the psychological thriller it was dubbed and I felt it did not do anything much for me.

The story in itself is straight forward. You meet someone unexpectedly, it is a total Cinderella moment and the attraction is felt by both parties. Unexpected road blocks ahead and these are ironed out in a rather unconventional manner (investigators etc) and the net result was a happy ending. The psychological part was that the sociopath was unexpected and not the person one expected it to be.

This was a short book ARC sent to me by Edelweiss. The author has written other books and I will be keeping an eye out for these.


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like this one more of a novella with not much thought to the story itself. Tood bad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry this one didn't work for you. I find I am often disappointed with short stories written in this genre. They seem to leave something to be desired. Sounds like that was the case with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think endings are so tough to write! I have read many books that are good until the end just doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, that's too bad. I really want to read one of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry this was a disappointment but maybe you'll like her other books more. I heard her speak at a conference once and her writing sounded interesting but I haven't read her books yet.

    ReplyDelete