My Blog List

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

The Dogs of Littlefield by Suzanne Berne




Littlefield is considered one of the top places to live in America. The statistics are a bit puzzling though. Apart from the restaurants and pizza parlours, the nail spas and the salons, we have a huge huge proportion of people who are psychologists and psychotherapists. Is this indicative of something hidden?



The stories that go behind the lives of seemingly middle class fellow citizens -the average Jo are always  detailed and anything but mundane. Everyone has a story and Littlefield has its fair share.

A spate of dog poisonings random and not targeting a particular segment of people indicates that everything  is not quite right in Littlefield. An off leash debate for dogs is having its opponents and supporters in equal measure and it has become quite vociferous and seems to be dividing the town. The story is also a commentary on society and the characters that form this close community and is done with a touch of satire as well.

Interesting reading on small town America.

Sent to me by Netgalley for an unbiased review courtesy of Simon & Schuster. 

2 comments:

  1. That does sound like a great commentary on society. I'll have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in a small town so I wonder how closely this book resembles my experience. I liked your review.

    ReplyDelete