My Blog List

Thursday, September 29, 2016

I Promise You This by Patricia Sands



I read the first book so when I got an opportunity to read the second I was very glad to do so.

The story of Kat and her changed circumstances - moving from Toronto to the South of France, meeting Phillipe, her doubts whether a change of home so different, so far away is wise at this stage of her life and her subsequent happiness is all very well told in a romantic way. Molly's dreadful accident, subsequent recuperation and her love affair are a pleasant sub plot to the main story.

I found the story to be a little too sweet for my liking. I however did like very much the descriptive nature of the areas both in Canada and France, detailed in the story. It brings this area very much to life and this I very much enjoyed.

Sent to me by Netgalley for an unbiased review courtesy of Lake Union Publishing.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes a little too sweet is not so inviting, but still sounds like you found other things to entertain you in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure about such a sweet book but the premise itself sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The settings sound fantastic. Sometimes I am in the mood for a sweet book - one of my friends was just making fun of me for reading too many dark books!

    ReplyDelete