My Blog List

Saturday, December 31, 2016

The Narrow Bed by Sophie Hannah




This is devious crime fiction. Not in the category of Agatha Christie for me but something sharper, modern and with an edge.

Someone is killing pairs of friends. No apparent link between the pairs and seemingly random. The friends, partners, spouses of the victims are all in the clear. The first indication of a murder is the appearance of a blank book with an innocuous verse or sentence written in it. The books however are also not linked, just quotes from various sources.

The detectives in charge of the case face insurmountable odds. Till Kim Tribbeck a stand up comedian realises rather late in the day that she had also received one of these blank white books and has only now got to know its rather hideous significance. Working backwards, sideways and in every way possible our detectives have to deduce where and how the killer is going to strike next. Kim is obviously going to be the victim but why, how and where.

Edgy and full of suspense.

The book was sent to me by Netgalley for an unbiased review, courtesy of Hodder & Stoughton. 

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good one to me, on the list it goes. Happy, healthy and peaceful 2017 wishes go out to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As intriguing as your review makes it sound, I'm not sure it's for me. I'll add it to my Goodreads list, just in case :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete